Freestone is building the digitally integrated wealth services firm of the future. We believe making a difference happens by focusing on what truly matters to our clients. If you are passionate about helping people and serving a greater purpose in life and work, Freestone is the home for you.
We are an independent wealth and asset management firm with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, and Santa Barbara. We provide a personalized experience combining rational, intelligent advice and sophisticated investment strategies, delivered via technology, where possible. Currently, we have over $8 billion of assets under advisement.
We live our values of collaboration, commitment and continuous improvement daily and welcome new Freestoners to join us.
We are seeking a Business Analyst to support strategic initiatives set out by our head of wealth management & business development. Come build and expand our wealth management business. Successful candidates for this position will have a demonstrated track record of educational and professional achievement, strong people skills and a passion for analysis and introducing transformational solutions that provide immediate impact to the business.
- Serve as the primary analyst for our Head of Wealth Management & Business Development, providing crucial insights to drive growth strategies
- Evaluate, source, & contact potential new areas of business. Including contractual CPA partnerships, custodial referrals, & advisor recruiting
- Conceptualize and create dynamic financial and operational models to analyze a variety of Freestone growth opportunities
- Conduct in-depth profitability and capacity analyses across Freestone's advisor teams to inform strategic decisions.
- Own & present our quarterly partnership review presentations
- Craft compelling internal companywide presentations that effectively communicate strategic messages and initiatives
- Create a variety of external-facing presentation materials, primarily related to strategic partnerships
- Collaborate closely with marketing and client service teams to strategically plan and execute events that enhance relationships and promote the firm
- Lead critical firm initiatives through effective project management, ensuring successful and timely execution
- Aid in the continued buildout of Freestone’s internal reporting infrastructure
- Perform operational reviews across Freestone’s critical areas to introduce efficiency and repeatability
- Support the preparation, onboarding, and transition of new client advisor teams
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, data science, or business management preferred; other degrees will be considered
- 2+ years of experience in project management or business analysis/consulting preferred, with preference given to candidates who also have financial services industry experience
- The ability to identify and define problems, the drive to build project plans to address them and the commitment to manage the implementation of their solutions
- Exceptional client service and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders for impactful outcomes
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, with advanced skills in financial modeling
- Facility with SQL, Power BI, & SharePoint
- Ability to independently manage multiple responsibilities and changing priorities
- High level of comfort working independently in an, fast-paced environment and a keen sense of when to escalate urgent issues as necessary
- Ability to drive initiatives throughout the organization
- Strong problem-solving and research skills
- Capacity to learn and excel at day-to-day responsibilities and contribute to driving process improvement, standardization and automation
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knack for inspiring communication, both verbal and written
- Ambitious sense of curiosity with refined listening skills
- Experience with Tamarac products or other reporting platforms a plus
- Commitment to producing high-quality work product
- Capacity and passion for being part of a fast-growing, environment
- Pro-activity and creativity in identifying issues, solutions and opportunities for efficiency
- Team oriented with the ability to build relationships and earn the respect of others
- Heightened attention to detail - must be meticulous and consistently accurate
- High level of motivation; strong work ethic; proactive and results-oriented
The expected annual base salary for this position is $70,000 – 120,000. The position may also be available to receive a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance. Our compensation and benefits package includes medical and prescription drug coverage, 401(k) contribution matching, group life, disability, long-term care, and accidental death insurance, ten (10) scheduled paid holidays per year, and 17 days of vacation per year.
Freestone is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be recruited and, if applicable, selected and employed without regard to sex, race, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, creed, ancestry, disability, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law.